Automotive INDUSTRY News & Articles
It’s important to stay informed when you’re working in the automotive industry as there’s always changes and innovations coming down the road. Find the information you need by reading our automotive jobs news and articles. On this page, Automotive Jobs Inc. features popular articles about cars and the industry as a whole.
Stay informed with up-to-date information about the automotive industry. Read breaking automotive news from across the nation.
- Next-gen Tahoes, Suburbans reach dealerships at critical time August 9, 2020Redesigned versions of the high-profit large SUVs began shipping in recent weeks, just as GM needs a boost to its bottom line and many retailers are desperate for more inventory.
- As Ford CEO, Farley must nail key vehicle launches August 9, 2020Jim Farley's gambit to leave a flourishing Toyota career to help save a foundering Ford at the outset of the Great Recession has paid off, but he'll have much on his agenda when he takes charge Oct. 1.
- BMW readies iNext for planned EV wave August 9, 2020The brand is gearing up for several electric vehicles including the i4 sedan, iNext crossover and battery-powered variants of its 5 Series and 7 Series sedans.
- U.S. judge denies bail to 2 men accused of aiding Ghosn escape August 8, 2020Judge Indira Talwani rejected bail for U.S. Army Special Forces veteran Michael Taylor and his son, Peter Taylor, after Japan had sought their extradition. A magistrate also previously denied their release.
- Consumers more likely to consider used than new August 8, 2020The study by McKinsey & Co. finds that used-vehicle consideration remains down compared with pre-pandemic levels, but it is stabilizing, while new-vehicle intent is decreasing.
What’s new? What’s hot? And what’s not? Get the information you need by reading our news and articles.
- Trump reimposes Canadian aluminum import tariff to stem ‘flood’; Canada retaliates August 7, 2020The decision comes more than a month after U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer expressed concern about recent struggles by American aluminum producers. Canada quickly responded with retaliatory tariffs worth $2.7 billion.
- Dura Automotive sold; Kimberly Rodriguez named CEO August 6, 2020Kimberly Rodriguez, a longtime turnaround consultant in the auto industry and current CEO of Andra Rush's trucking empire Rush Trucking, will become Dura's new CEO, effective Sept. 1.
- Supply base cuts spending as it rebounds August 4, 2020The supplier industry's recovery will take several years and supplier bankruptcies will increase over the next 12 months.
- Rising costs, tariffs, COVID-19 and Mexico have cut into Chinese imports August 3, 2020China grew dramatically as a source of parts to feed North American vehicle production. But a shift is taking place in global supply chains.
- Cutting back car lineups sensible — to a point August 3, 2020Eliminating car models may make financial sense in the short term, but automakers run the risk of losing future customers for their high-end brands if they cut inexpensive, entry-level models from their lineups.
Are you a car enthusiast? Perhaps you simply love fixing automobiles. Here, you’ll find articles about your automotive passion or career.
Advertise your open position or your business here. We offer maximum exposure for businesses throughout the US.