Automotive INDUSTRY News & Articles
It’s important to stay informed when you’re working in the automotive industry as there’s always changes and innovations coming down the road. Find the information you need by reading our automotive jobs news and articles. On this page, Automotive Jobs Inc. features popular articles about cars and the industry as a whole.
Stay informed with up-to-date information about the automotive industry. Read breaking automotive news from across the nation.
- Owen Bieber, UAW leader during rocky '80s, early '90s, dies February 17, 2020Under Bieber, as automation and globalization began to upend the factory floor, the union often resorted to concessions to preserve jobs as the Detroit 3, notably GM, lost ground to Japanese and other automakers. He was 90.
- Beijing auto show delayed due to coronavirus February 17, 2020The Chinese government's measures to tackle the spread of the virus have hit automakers, which need to ship exhibits and trade fair furniture to Beijing.
- Faurecia targets growth after 2019 profit rise February 17, 2020For 2020, the auto supplier said it wants to exceed last year's operating margin of 7.2 percent even though market conditions will be challenging.
- Nissan lays out plan to reverse U.S. slump February 17, 2020Nissan outlined a three-point plan for reversing its tumbling fortunes in the key U.S. market amid plunging profits, hemorrhaging cash and imploding sales. The only catch: The company needs more time.
- In making Farley COO, Ford shows need to integrate auto, mobility goals February 17, 2020After running its automotive and mobility businesses on parallel tracks, Ford has changed direction with Jim Farley's elevation to COO. It's an admission that the automaker needs to more seamlessly integrate connectivity, electrification and mobility services.
What’s new? What’s hot? And what’s not? Get the information you need by reading our news and articles.
- Tesla in talks to use CATL's cobalt-free batteries in China-made cars, report says February 18, 2020The electric vehicle maker is seeking to reduce its use of expensive cobalt as it considers lithium iron phosphate batteries from Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Reuters reported.
- Dealers offer expertise, but factories should help them stay competitive on repairs February 17, 2020Knowing the job is going to be done properly by a technician who knows my car inside and out is worth paying a premium. But of the three repairs I needed recently, the dealer won just one.
- LG Chem gets favorable interim ruling in trade secrets case with SK February 16, 2020The default judgment by the U.S. International Trade Commission could mean SK Innovation, as sought by LG Chem, would not be able to import products and materials it may need to supply its U.S. factories for Volkswagen and Ford.
- Preferred vendors not always best option February 16, 2020As dealers try to grab consumer attention by tailoring campaigns for their markets, some are choosing marketing vendors without a preferred automaker status. That can result in more individualized consumer outreach, says Nick Brunotte, director of industry practice for consultancy DHG Dealerships.
- Toyota set to resume output at 3 plants February 15, 2020After extended shutdowns because of the deadly coronavirus, Toyota Motor Corp. said it plans to restart production at three of four main auto assembly plants in China over the next few days.
Are you a car enthusiast? Perhaps you simply love fixing automobiles. Here, you’ll find articles about your automotive passion or career.
Advertise your open position or your business here. We offer maximum exposure for businesses throughout the US.