Automotive INDUSTRY News & Articles
It’s important to stay informed when you’re working in the automotive industry as there’s always changes and innovations coming down the road. Find the information you need by reading our automotive jobs news and articles. On this page, Automotive Jobs Inc. features popular articles about cars and the industry as a whole.
Stay informed with up-to-date information about the automotive industry. Read breaking automotive news from across the nation.
- Jeep travels road to electrification September 19, 2020By the end of next year, the brand will have a varied powertrain portfolio that plays in the electrified and diesel spaces, in addition to multiple three-row options and a redesigned Grand Cherokee.
- ‘Right to repair' battle heats up in Mass. September 19, 2020It's independent repair shops and aftermarket parts retailers against most major automakers; both sides are wagering millions to tilt voters in their favor.
- La. dealership shelters employees, community after hurricane September 19, 2020Lake Charles Toyota sheltered 31 people and nine animals Aug. 27 as the hurricane blew through southwest Louisiana, damaging homes and businesses. In the weeks after the storm, the dealership continued to be home base for store employees and others.
- Zoox gets driverless car test permit in Calif. September 18, 2020The new permit allows the company recently acquired by Amazon to test two autonomous vehicles without a driver behind the wheel on specified streets near its Foster City headquarters.
- FCA wins $949M credit line from European bank for EV production September 18, 2020Investments to manufacture battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid EVs will be mainly directed at FCA plants located in southern Italy, supporting employment and compliance with the strictest environmental criteria.
What’s new? What’s hot? And what’s not? Get the information you need by reading our news and articles.
- Ford Ranger ranks No. 1 on Made in America Auto Index September 18, 2020The study uses data from the American Automobile Labeling Act, which combines U.S. and Canadian content into one number.
- China is lagging in EV parts competitiveness, think tank warns September 18, 2020China is pushing for greater self-reliance amid tensions with trade partners including the U.S. As the auto industry moves toward electrified and self-driving vehicles in a once-in-a-century shift, suppliers of software and semiconductors are gaining in importance.
- BMW doubles EV battery production capacity September 17, 2020BMW Group completed expansion of a battery production facility at its joint venture with Brilliance China Automotive Holdings this week to double battery output for locally built electrified vehicles.
- EU's proposed tougher CO2 target criticized by auto industry September 17, 2020European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen promised a new target for cutting greenhouse gas emissions. Automakers fear the tougher target will require massive additional investments at a time when the industry has been badly hit by the coronavirus crisis.
- GM's sale of India plant faces delays amid China tensions September 17, 2020GM had planned to use the expected sale proceeds of $250 million-$300 million to pay off liabilities incurred with its exit from manufacturing in India in what a source said would have been a "no gain-no loss" situation.
Are you a car enthusiast? Perhaps you simply love fixing automobiles. Here, you’ll find articles about your automotive passion or career.
Advertise your open position or your business here. We offer maximum exposure for businesses throughout the US.